SQL Server Performance

SQL 2008 Clustering Setup

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Clustering' started by Joben, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Joben New Member

Hi Friends,Can somebody please let me know about Website that provides video tutorials on setting up a SQL Cluster. Also can somebody please let me know what is the difference between clusterd and non clusted envirnoment after the SQL Server installation. I would really appreciate your help.Thank you
  2. itsupport12 New Member

3. satya Moderator

ITSupport12
    I don't understand about your response and where it leads, what you mean by programming of website.
  4. satya Moderator

Joben
    Welcome to the forums.
    The real response for your question is simple, here is what documented in BOL:
    SQL Server failover clustering provides high-availability support for an entire SQL Server instance. SQL Server failover clusters are built on top of Windows Server failover clusters. To create a SQL Server failover cluster, you need to first create the underlying Windows Server failover cluster.
    A SQL Server failover cluster appears on the network as a single SQL Server instance on a single computer. Internally, only one of the nodes owns the cluster resource group at a time, serving all the client requests for that failover cluster instance. In case of a failure (hardware failures, operating system failures, application or service failures), or a planned upgrade, the group ownership is moved to another node in the failover cluster. This process is called failover. By leveraging the Windows Server failover cluster functionality, SQL Server failover cluster provides high availability through redundancy at the instance level.
    Whereas for the non-clustered the only difference is no capability of failover if any issue occurs on the SQL instance.
    For more information on these topics refer to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F7-0983-4D7A-B628-0A98145BCB97&displaylang=en and download to install on your local pc for a good read.
  5. Joben New Member

Thank you Satya.