SQL Server Performance

SQL AGENT ISSUE -URGENT

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Akthar, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Akthar New Member

THE ERRORS SEEMS TO BE SQL AGENT NOT HAVING ENOUGH RIGHTS ON THE SQL SERVER.... ;!!!!!!
    EVEN IF I START THE AGENT AND THE SQL SERVER WITH THE SAME DOMAIN ADMIN ACCOUNT. THE SQL SERVER SERVICE STARTS FINE, BUT THE AGENT WONT START
  2. Akthar New Member

yes satya i have drop and recreate the user , same issue.
  3. mbando New Member

This is SQL 2005? Do you know if you have service packs loaded? Also, what operating system are you running on?
    So when you say you have dropped and recreated the user, are you referring to the Windows user, or the SQL login?
    I'm just trying to clarify the problem a little bit. There is a lot of information spread out over many posts.
  4. Akthar New Member

hi aLL, I MANAGED TO GET THE QL AGENT STATED BU USING ENABLE AGENTXP AS PER SATYA POST ABOVE
    sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1;GO RECONFIGURE;GOsp_configure 'Agent XPs', 1;GO RECONFIGUREGO...
    BUT THEN ALL MY Maintenence plan stop working. with error AgentXp is not enable. strange i thiught the above command would enable AgentXP
  5. satya Moderator

Glad it worked for a moment, also check someone create and enable a policy on the machine that enforces a rule that the Agent be stopped?
  6. Akthar New Member

no, no ene else touches this server [:D]
  7. satya Moderator

Then can you check what kind of security policies are defined on the server?
  8. Akthar New Member

Should i look for a specific security policy, as no additional policy has been added to the default ones.
  9. satya Moderator

10. Akthar New Member

does SP2 resolve this issue?
  11. satya Moderator

Is that not applied till on this service?
    It is better to test and apply the service pack without failure as there are many fixes as compared to previous issues, also the service pack for window may also help.
  12. contrari4n New Member

13. satya Moderator

Final resort is to open up a case with MS CSS, no out of option.
  14. satya Moderator

Just revisiting the solution again does that new domain account have been granted permissions in the sql server as windows-based login?
    Also can you see any error such as - SQLServer Error: 5845, Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) requires the 'lock pages in memory' privilege which is not currently present in the access token of the process. [SQLSTATE 42000] (DisableAgentXPs) on any of the logs?