SQL Server Performance

SQL Login permissions to run Agent job

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Integration Services' started by dinkar82, Jan 27, 2011.

1. dinkar82 New Member

Hey Guys,
    I am receiving the following error running my dtsx package from sql 2005 SQL Agent Jobs.
    Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run DTS Execution job steps without a proxy accoutnt.
    For more details:
    1) running job with sql login, only have SQLAgentoperatorrole
    2) agent service is being run by one of the system accounts.
    3) As error showing: i am not using any proxy account.
    Job is only quering a database on the same server(not a multiserver job) and compare whether things are due or not.
    and in the end it also send mails to the users. Everything is written in VB script and package was well and truly running in the SSIS.
    When i run job with sysadmin permissions to sql login it runs fine. Please guide me what permissions i have to give to run my job.
    Thanks in advance everyone.
  2. satya Moderator

As the login permissions are differentiated into credentials you need to create a proxy account to run any TSQL tasks that aren't not allowed by NON-SYSADMINS. SQL Server Agent impersonates the credentials associated with the proxy to run the job step if it has been defined to use the proxy instead of using the default security context of SQL Server Agent Service account.
    SEE How to: Create a Proxy (SQL Server Management Studio)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190698.aspx