SQL Server Performance

Sql Profiler Substitute

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by jdegaetani, May 14, 2004.

1. jdegaetani New Member

I can't include everyone in the SA server role, who needs to run traces. I need to allow "less than God-like" folks to run traces to support their clients..I have a relatively small support staff to handle a relatively large client base, and I can't possibly pick up every issue that requires a trace using MSSQL profiler.

Does anyone know of a third party tracing tool which will provide my staff with the ability to trace a "database" without requiring the recources to trace the "server that the database resides on", as required with MSSQL Profiler?
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

3. jdegaetani New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll give 'em a try.
  4. cboyle New Member

There is also a product called Coefficient that is a great tool! Find under products at www.imceda.com.

Coefficient
    Database monitoring and analysis for Microsoft SQL Server 7 and 2000. Statistically analyzes database activity and produces detailed reports. Coefficient monitors SQL activity so you can locate potential problems and prevent production disasters.

Advanced SQL analysis
    Quickly see the SQL impacting server performance
    Eliminate manual analysis of database activity
    Save valuable time and increase productivity

Chrystal Boyle
  5. satya Moderator

Refer to the recent columns by Brian Moran from SQL Server magazine (Winnet) about PROFILER and its usage/advantages.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.