SQL Server Performance

SQL Server 2005 Database Mail - Mail configuration information could not be read from the database.

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by Speedling, Mar 18, 2013.

  1. Speedling New Member

    I'm trying to setup Database Mail and send a test message, but it's not working.

    I've done several step-by-steps and all and I can't get it to work. Also checked several posts in this forum but none helped. I think it used to work before (2 months ago) but we had to turn it off.

    I've enabled it in Surface Configuration, have tried recreating all profiles, restarted SQL Agent, checked version mismatch...

    I check the Database Mail and I get the following message:

    Log Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

    Log ID 152
    Process ID 7684
    Last Modified 3/14/2013 6:49:58 PM
    Last Modified By SPEEDLING\sqlservice

    1) Exception Information
    Exception Type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Common.BaseException
    Message: Mail configuration information could not be read from the database.
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account GetAccount(Int32)
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: DatabaseMailEngine

    StackTrace Information
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)

    2) Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
    Message: timeout
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite: Int32 GetOrdinal(System.String)
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: System.Data

    StackTrace Information
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID)
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

  3. Speedling New Member

    I did that AND applied SP 4 to sql. Dont know which one it was, but it worked now!!

Share This Page