SQL Server Performance

SQL Server 2005 Maintenace Plan Wizard

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by beaniebear, Nov 9, 2005.

1. beaniebear New Member

I try to use Maintenace Plan Wizard to create a job for bakcup database, then shrink database, and update the statistics finally. Afer going through these step by step, it shows maintenance plan creation failed. Is anybody familiar with this?

Thanks,
    - Kathy
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

What is the error?.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important
    Bertrand Russell

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

3. beaniebear New Member

It said "Create maintenance plan failed. Additional information: create failed for JobStep "Subplan'(Microsoft.SqlServer.MaintenancePlanTasks). An exception occured while executing a T-SQL statement or batch (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo). The specified @subsystem is invalid". Where is @subsystem. I am newer for SQL Server. Thanks for your help.
  4. beaniebear New Member

I know how to fix this error. It requires to install SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services). This solution fixes my problem.

- Kathy
  5. satya Moderator

Have you installed the RTM version or still using previous beta ones.

Satya SKJ
    Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
  6. beaniebear New Member

RTM Version.