SQL Server Performance

Sql Server 2008 error : Error occured while executing saveText. The current transaction cannot be committed

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by EasySQL, Apr 21, 2011.

1. EasySQL New Member

Hi SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition : This error pops up once in few months and goes away.There is a sproc which inserts/updates data on a tableA(column1 int,column2 text datatype). There is a trigger on this tableA which inserts data in a different database in another tabletableB(column1 int,column2 varchar(max)). Most of the times this sporc runs fine but fails at timeswith the below error.There is no open transaction when I do a dbcc opentran.Sql server logs has no trace on this.The only fix I found is restart sql server services and this goes away.I tried to google this error but have no luck so far.Thank youError:System.ApplicationException: Error occured while executing saveText. The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction.The statement has been terminated.. Parameters: ownerId=46373664 ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: System error. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at USATodayDotCom.MidTier.CMSGatewayServers.Components.ContentMgr.Dal.saveText(Int64 ownerId, String text) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  2. satya Moderator

Are you able to catch the error using BEGIN CATCH.. block. see what Books online refers:
    The current request has an active user transaction, but an error has occurred that has caused the transaction to be classified as an uncommittable transaction. The request cannot commit the transaction or roll back to a savepoint; it can only request a full rollback of the transaction. The request cannot perform any write operations until it rolls back the transaction. The request can only perform read operations until it rolls back the transaction. After the transaction has been rolled back, the request can perform both read and write operations and can begin a new transaction.
    See http://rusanu.com/2009/06/11/exception-handling-and-nested-transactions/ this post.