SQL Server Performance

SQL Server Cluster

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by Mostafa Elmasry, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Mostafa Elmasry New Member

Now I create SQL Server Clustering on SQL Server 2008R2 on os Windows Server 2008 R2 My Cluster is Active/Passive now I won't to make Active/Active so
    1- I go to the StarWind progrmme
    2- Create new 2 Shared Disk (volume)
    3- I make ISCSI initiator to connect to this new Disk
    4- Show this disk from Disk management
    Then I go to Node 1 this is the passive node >>> Run SQL Server to Create New SQL Server Flavor Cluster . But I receive error ( no Shared Disk found )

what I can do to see my SQL Setup this new shared disk ?

Thanks
  2. Shehap MVP, MCTS, MCITP SQL Server

3. Mostafa Elmasry New Member

Thanks For your replay Mr.Shehap also I know how can I add new disk storage in the Cluster
  4. Shehap MVP, MCTS, MCITP SQL Server

You can open Failover cluster Manager>>>Open the cluster you have created >>>Storage >>>Right click>>Add disk>then select the needed shared disks.

Then you can create a new empty service and application with an appropriate name like ”SQL Group1” >>>Right click>>Add storage >>>Then select the needed storage resources that you have already added to cluster resources

Hence, you can start SQL cluster installations and once reached the option of Groups, you can choose this new group “SQL Group1” then it will bring up automatically its SAN resources

Kindly let me know if any further help is needed
  5. Mostafa Elmasry New Member

Hi Mr.Shehap

Thanks for your good information do you know my hope is work with you until without no money because I will learn more things is better than money can you Achieve to me this hope ;)