SQL Server Performance

SQL Server Error in Active Passive Cluster environment

Discussion in 'SQL Server Clustering' started by chandu, Mar 11, 2008.

1. chandu New Member

Hi All,
    I m using SQL2000 with SP3a in Active Passive windows cluster environment. From last few days I'm not able to stop services cleanly. One fine day i got an error message of Database integrity for specific index ids. I have rebuilded indexes and the problem has been resolved so far. Now i m getting some different messages in SQL Error Log as below.
    SQLServiceControlHandler: Could not set Service Control Status. Operating system error = 6(The handle is invalid.).
    LogEvent: Failed to report the current event. Operating system error = 1717(The interface is unknown.).
    fcb::close-flush: Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered.
    LogWriter: Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered.
    Write error during log flush. Shutting down server
    fcb::close-flush: Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.) encountered.
    Error: 9001, Severity: 21, State: 4
    The log for database 'Databasename' is not available..
    Data File indexfile.NDF does not exist - unable to activate.
    Device activation error. The physical file name 'I:indexfilename.NDF' may be incorrect.
    These are the error messages
    Latter on when server restarted it is working fine now.
    I request you all experts please suggest me what action i should take to avoide this problem in future.
    Thanks in Advance
    Chandu
  2. ghemant Moderator

3. satya Moderator

Also this may be related to the consistency of the database, so better to fix them too.
    In addition tothe testing of SP4 for SQL SErver which is highly recommended.