SQL Server Performance

SQL server Peformance dashboard?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by amu_27, Sep 13, 2007.

1. amu_27 New Member

Is it possible to modify the SQL 2005 performance dashboad reports so it pass the database name, start and end time parameters? We used to use Read80 trace for our consolidated enviornment and we made load/performance test mandatory as we have more than 150 applications on each enviornment with 3 big SQL consolidated enviornment.
    Since there is no read90 tool and performance dashboad is the closest at this moment, how can we retrict the report to produce for target database and targeted time frame that application runs the load? Let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

Not possible, you could try referring to the third party tools in this case.
  3. bradmcgehee New Member

Dashboard reports are custom reports that can be modified, or created from scratch and run from Management Studio. Doing what you want would be a lot of effort, and like Satya suggests, a third-party program might be easier. It just depends on how much time you have.
  4. amu_27 New Member

Thank you for the quick response. Do you know any third party tool by any chance? We are looking at idera and quest to see if we can find anything from them. If you know any other vendor and production let me know. I am also looking at ClearTrace as well. Thanks!
  5. ghemant Moderator

I have used Idera Diagnostic Manager its good too, refer our spotlight section as well.
  6. satya Moderator

I would ask what Brad asked before, what is the requirement or format you need with those reports. May be Quest & Idera do have such capability but again you are limited by choice and not tailor-made to satisfy the requirement.
    As suggested you could refer to software spotlight articles section on this website for more information on such tools.