SQL Server Performance

SQL Server Performance condition alert Percent log used

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by satya.sqldba, Jan 4, 2010.

1. satya.sqldba New Member

Hi

I know we can configure the alerts for the transaction logfile space used using the SQL Server alerts and configuring an alertfor SQL Server Performance condition alert -- 'Percent log used'.

But my concern is we need to select the database name in the 'instancename' part which means that for each database a seperate alert has tobe configured. Does the '_total' mean it monitors all the existingdatabases? Or does it just mean a total of the log space used by allthe databases?

I tried configuring the alerts using both theways and I get the alert only if I configure related to that databaseand do not get the alert if I do a '_total'.
    If my experiment iscorrect, for every new additional database that has been added onto SQLserver, a new alert has to be configured. Am I right or is there abetter way to do this so that SQL Server recognizes the new database aswell while it monitors the log space used?

Thanks
    Satya
  2. MohammedU New Member