SQL Server Performance

sql tools

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by franksingleton, Mar 10, 2004.

1. franksingleton New Member

I have posted on other forums and get mixed results on my search for SQL tools. I'm fairly new and have an environment with multiple databases. It is a pretty demanding environment and we are looking for some good auditing and comparison tools. I was hoping to get user feedback here.

First off, what is the general consensus on auditing using triggers and the tools that are available to audit the TX Log? I see OmniAudit from Krell. Anyone have experience with them and their advantages?

How about comparison tools? Anyone ever use DBGhost? What advantages do they have over Red-Gates Compare products? How about Adept SQL tools? I have heard some good things about their products. Thanks for any feedback.

Frank-
  2. satya Moderator

I've good opinion on RedGate's & Apex supplied tools.
    I heard ApexSQL Audit has this capability.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
  3. bradmcgehee New Member

Each product has its pros and cons, and different packages may meet one user's needs well, but not another user's needs. You can download trial versions of all virtually all the software you describe. This way, you can find out which product best suits your needs.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com