SQL Server Performance

SSIS Designer (Copy of flatfile to SQL Server table)

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by jhoy, May 11, 2008.

1. jhoy New Member

Hi All,
    I am a newbie in SSIS Designer...
    And I need to recreate a package from SQL Server 2000 to SSIS designer on SQL 2005...
    The Procedure of the package is like this:
    1st the oracle DB would produce a flatfile requirement.
    2nd after the flatfile was produced it will be transfer to the SQL Server destination folder via ftp procedure.
    3rd the the sql server destination temp table will be truncated.
    4th the flatfile will then be copied to SQL Server temp table.
    Can anyone help me, to recreate this working package to SSIS designer??
    Thanks & Regards,
    JHOY
  2. dineshasanka Moderator

All can be done using SSIS.
    what are you questions and issues
  3. jhoy New Member

Can you help me with step by step procedure???
    on doing this???
  4. satya Moderator

5. jhoy New Member

Thanks that would be a great help..
    [:)]
    Thanks and Regards,
    JHOY
  6. jhoy New Member

Hi All,
    I am encountering the said error on inserting the flat file to the database table...
    Can you give some suggestion on how can I solved this errors???
    Please see error below..[:)]
    [Flat File Source [1]] Error: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "Col016" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".
    [Flat File Source [1]] Error: The "output column "Col016" (70)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "Col016" (70)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.
    [Flat File Source [1]] Error: An error occurred while processing file "D:MSSQLMfreconMF_AGENTS.DAT" on data row 1.
    [DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Flat File Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0202092. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.
    [DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.
    [DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED. Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled.
  7. jhoy New Member

Hi All,
    How can I define logging output file on SSIS???

8. satya Moderator

9. jhoy New Member

Many thanks for giving so much references about SSIS I am done with the package...