SQL Server Performance

SSIS OLEDB connect to AS 400 and keep promting for entering the password again and again.

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by tboonleong, Jul 11, 2012.

1. tboonleong Member

The SSIS package using the connection of "Native OLE DB\IBM DB2 for i5/OS IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider" tp connect to the source (AS400 server) to extrat the data.
    The SSIS packge is deployed in to the SSIS server using the protection level setting of "Reply on server storage and role for access control" and this SSIS package was scheduled to run at weekly basic.

The problem here is sometimes when the scheduling task start to run this SSIS package, the password prompting screen appear and user need to enter the password in order to allow the SSIS package to continue the task. Sometimes user have to enter the password a few times if the password prompting screen repeated to apprear a few times also.Sometimes when scedule task running the SSIS package the same things may not happend.

I would appreaciate if someone can guide me how to trouleshooting the problems mentioned above.
    What is the posibility the root of causes for this problems?
    How to retify the problems and prove the asumption of the issue?

Thanks
  2. tboonleong Member

The 1 reason I may think about is the network problem. To prove the newtwork problem happend between SQl server(destination) and AS 400 server(source), I think the NETMON may help. but I am not sure what else I need to check.... what else setting at ssis package or job scedule or security area I need to check ? hope to get advice . Thanks again.
  3. Shehap MVP, MCTS, MCITP SQL Server

For such circumstances ,I do suspect that No fixed password is exists within SSIS package configurations that it will need you to mark the option "Save password" or write down the password value at properties of Destination DB

But I am not suspecting a network issue here since it shouldn't pop for you a message of username and password which it does mean that you bypassed TCP layer and reached authentication layer with APP and then you were asked about password

Kindly work out it and let me know your feedback