SQL Server Performance

SSIS Package deployment problem

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by Stephanie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Stephanie New Member

Thank you for your help.I am running SQL Server 2005 Standard ed. I am new to SQL and I am trying to deploy a SSIS package that I created in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio. I go through the deployment process fine but when I go into SQL Server Management Studio I can connect Integration Services. The problem is when I try to go to Stored Packages > MSDB I am getting an error saying, “Login timeout expired An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    VIA Provider: The specified module could not be found. (Microsoft SQL Native Client)”
    I have gone through and allowed remote connections and the protocols for the server and the native client, and restarted the services
    I have inserted the server name into the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file, but I am still getting the error, I also tried the IP with no success.
    Could any of this have to do with the fact that this is all on my machine and not on a server somewhere or because I am on a domain?
    Thank you again
  2. satya Moderator

Refer to FAQ post, though it talks about SQLExpress most of it applies to all SQL editions.
    Have a look at the following KB article, it will take you through the process of allowing remote connections. How to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote conections 914277
  3. dineshasanka Moderator

4. Stephanie New Member

The services are running and remote access is enabled
  5. satya Moderator

have inserted the server name into the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file, but I am still getting the error, I also tried the IP with no success.
    Try to insert the instance name with servername if this is a named instance. More importantly after you make the change to the XML file. You have to make sure you stop and restart the IIS service(Control Panal->Administration Tools->Services). Only after doing this it starts working.
  6. Stephanie New Member

Awesome that worked but the package is still giving me the same error when I try to execute it with in Management Studios
  7. satya Moderator

Could be problem with tools in this case, try to deploy from another client's machine or reinstall client tools with latest service packs.