SQL Server Performance

SSIS Package Execution Error

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by sonnysingh, Aug 7, 2008.

1. sonnysingh Member

Hi All
    I am getting this following Error when scheduled package run..
    Source: SalesDataLoad Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.".
    I have made sure that file is not access by any one. Job running under SA user. What could be the reason of this failure?

Thanks in Advance

2. satya Moderator

Obviously if the source file is already open from MS Office then you will get this error.
  3. sonnysingh Member

I have mentioned in the post that I have made sure that file is not access by any one. Job running under SA user. But still giving this error and it is confusing me. OR is it possible after load the file, package still have connection open with file? If yes the how to solve or make sure package close all the connection with Excel file.
    sonny
  4. satya Moderator

If the relevant file is opened as a step in the package then you will get such error, you could do the step 1 as a seperate package adn then remaining in different package as the file is exclusively opened by SSIS process itself.
  5. sonnysingh Member

I am doing simple import data from excel sheet...
    • Open connection with excel connection in SSIS for the predefine path for file.
    • Import data into stage table.
    • Manipulation the data and transfer into production table.
    Can we close connection after import data (step 2) OR Close connection of before star open (Step 1)? if yes please let me know how?
    Thanks in Advance
    sonny