SQL Server Performance

ssis

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by arkiboys, Feb 4, 2008.

1. arkiboys Member

Hi,
    Using ssis, is it possible to refresh the data inside an excel file which is sitting on a separate machine (i.e. machine B) on the network?
    When I try this using the importy wizard, the error message is:
    The microdoft jet database engine can not open the file \pathnamedata.xls. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view it's data.
    I have checked and the file is closed. No excel is running when checking the processes.
    I have given myself full permission on that file from that machine where data.xls is sitting.
    Thanks
  2. satya Moderator

I believe this is same question running round circles, it is a drawback with Jet engine in order to release the file and in this case you may look to copy that file to a different location in order to update and then move back to original location for aplication.
  3. arkiboys Member

Hi,
    Not sure exactly how you think I can do this.
    The error I get is:
    [DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "Excel Destination" (88) failed with error code 0xC0202009. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Thanks
  4. satya Moderator