SQL Server Performance

Start and end dates in a report

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by Dizzy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Dizzy New Member

I'm pretty new to reporting server, so please forgive me if this is a dozy question to ask. I am using RS2005
    I want to write a report giving the user some data dependent on 2 paramerters they enter, startDate and EndDate. I have the query working correctly (select * from datatable where date >= @StartDate and date <= @EndDate), but when I preview my report, I get the errors:
    [rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘StartDate’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “StartDate”. Forward dependencies are not valid.
    [rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘StartDate’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “EndDate”. Forward dependencies are not valid.
    [rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘EndDate’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “EndDate”. Forward dependencies are not valid.
    Build complete -- 3 errors, 0 warnings
    What am I doing wrong?
    Dee
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    THis means the @variables must be declared before passing report parameters, you can avoid this by:
    1. Go to the Layout tab
    2. Select the Report object in the properties window
    3. Go to the ReportParameters property and edit
      • Move Enddae above Startdate using the arrows