SQL Server Performance

Synchronization stopped at 0%

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by ben5173, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ben5173 New Member

I create a publication with 1 article with a parameterized filter. Empty table without records. Then i went to create a snapshot through snapshot agent. After snapshot was created, data are inserted with "Insert Into..Select" SQL statement. A total of 20 millions records (10GB) are inserted. When i try to sync with a SQL compact edition, the synchronization % stop at 0 for more than 1 hour. Does that mean it is not working?Error messages:The replication agent has not logged a progress message in 10 minutes. This might indicate an unresponsive agent or high system activity. Verify that records are being replicated to the destination and that connections to the Subscriber, Publisher, and Distributor are still active.
    Thank you.
  2. satya Moderator

See this Technet article to resolve the issue, and also check whether any network related issues are persisting on this environment.
  3. ben5173 New Member

Hi,
    The client(subscriber) are on the same pc as the distributor/publisher server.
    I really need to solve this Huge table size issue.
    cant seem to work on snapshot creation and synchronization.
    Any idea on the limit for sql server 2005 merge replication?
    Thanks~!

4. satya Moderator

I believe you have huge shop of replication, then I suggest to talk with MS support for a specific set of solutions.
  5. ben5173 New Member

Ok, I will try to do that!
    Thanks