SQL Server Performance

takes time to retrive....

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by kumarp, Dec 4, 2007.

1. kumarp New Member

hi,
    we are maininting more than 40 databases in sql server 2005(4 GB RAM ).one week back we are moved from old sql server 2005(2GB RAM) to new sql server 2005. Everything is working fine except one application. we checked server side no issues. users are accessed through application.
    for one applicaion previously it used to take 2 seconds (old Server in the beginning) to save an account and now it is taking 2 - 24 seconds (sometimes it was taking 3-4 Minutes) to save an account this occurred around 20-25 times during the day (where it took more than 10 Secs – to 4 Minutes) to save an account) and varies at different time to save an account or to view the report
    any one pls help...
    thanks ,
    kumar
  2. ranjitjain New Member

You can run update statistics on the database and then run a profiler trace to find out how long query spends over the network and on server.
  3. kumarp New Member

thanks for reply ,
    yesterday evening i run the update statistics for each table in that database, only some improvement is there but we are facing problem still as posted above
    thanks
    kumarp
  4. ranjitjain New Member

Have you run a profiler trace to see what is causing this issue
  5. kumarp New Member

hi , i checked in the profiler, is there any blocking ? nothing is there. i tryed in sp_who2 also