SQL Server Performance

The owner () of job does not have server access.

Discussion in 'General DBA Questions' started by klehonia, Jul 8, 2008.

1. klehonia New Member

Hello,
    my system is windows 2k3 with sql 2000. I have two jobs for integrity check and backup log that were running with success. Now the jobs failed because of the owner who is a member of the local admin and the group BUILTINadministrators is sysadmin of the sql. Any ideas please?
    Message: The job failed. The owner () of job Integrity Checks Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'Check INTEGRITY for DB' does not have server access.
    Thanks

2. satya Moderator

3. klehonia New Member

The owner is a sql sysadmin user and local administrator and a domain user. I have installed the last windows 2k3 updates kb950759, kb950760, kb950762, kb951698 and after restart the system the jobs failed.
    Thank you.
  4. satya Moderator

The related KBs on windows update you mentioned seems more on tightening the security on windows, so better to read them for more informaton to find may be some of those settings has caused this issue.
  5. klehonia New Member

Googling i have found some complaints about the kb950759, an ie7 update....
    Anyway, thank you for your time.
  6. satya Moderator

So you will say all the conditions slated on the above KBA are true in your case and only it failed when you have applied the those windows hotfix udpates?
  7. klehonia New Member

8. satya Moderator

As the owner of that job is part of SYSADMIN group, why not change the job to run as SA (job owner).
  9. klehonia New Member

I have already changed it and the job works fine, but just wondering why is that.
  10. satya Moderator

Were there any changes on domain or to this domain account?
  11. klehonia New Member

No. This domain user works fine in other systems.
  12. satya Moderator

Have you removed the BuiltinAdmin group from SQL?
  13. klehonia New Member