SQL Server Performance

The Wait Is Over

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Aug 7, 2008.

1. shanetasker New Member

What more can I say, the wait is over and SQL Server 2008 has been released to manufacture. The announcement of the release of SQL Server 2008 was made at the closing Keynote at Tech-Ed in South Africa overnight (Aug. 6). The download for all versions with the exception of Express Edition is now available on MSDN and TechNet. I have just kicked off the download of the ISO, so what are you waiting for?
    - Peter Ward
  2. Greg Larsen New Member

I'm going to download it soon. We are going to start our 6 month evaluation process of the software. in reality we will probably not deploy it for application development for sometime, since we are still migrating the last of our SQL Server 2000 application now.I am wondering how many people planning on deploying it within the next 6 months? 6-12 months, 1-2 years, or after that. When will you be deploying? Place a comment with your time frame for deployment. Mine is 6-12 months.Greg
  3. pward New Member

We actually did a Production install for a customer yesterday. We had been doing a POC with them since CTP6 and they wanted to go-live as soon as RTM hit.