SQL Server Performance

Transactional Replication Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by jag_techie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jag_techie New Member

Hello Gurus,
    I am trying to setup replication in SQL Server 2000 for the first time. I did setup snapshot replication and it worked fine. Now i am trying to setup transactional replication but the changes are not getting reflected at the subscriber. I have 2 servers one publisher having distributor on it and the other one subscriber. I created a test db on publisher and then configured the distriutbor and subscriber and have push subscription with continous transactional replication setting. now when i insert some records in tables on publishers those changes are not moving to subscriber. Is it that my db has to run transactional log backup job as well at the same time because as of now there are no backup jobs running. and if it is not required then why those changes are not moving to subscribing db right away. please help in telling me where i am doing wrong. when i see on log reader agent it shows everytime no replicated transactions are available. also if the tables on publisher and subscriber db are same i mean the schema everything is same. and while replication setup do i need to check keep the existing table unchanged in subscriber as it is and do i need to check extended properties, include declared referential integrity options checked too? or replication takes care of all the data and does not misses on anything? hope to hear from you soon.
    thank you,
    -singhj
  2. ndinakar Member

Does the table you are inserting into have a primary key? Is it part of replication?
  3. satya Moderator

Article fyi, try to keep transactions as short as possible & replicate the execution of stored procedures when a large number of rows are affected.