SQL Server Performance

Transactional Replication

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lcerni, Oct 9, 2009.

1. lcerni New Member

I am trying to do Transactional Replication. I can replicate all my tables. I am not sure if it is because I have a primary key on all of them or because I have the timestamp column defined on all of them. However, it appears that I cannot replicate all my views. Do I need to have the timestamp column defined in my view in order to replicate it? Also, I cannot replicate any of my functions. What do I need in order to replicate my functions? What am I missing? Is there an option or a system procedure that I need to change or run?
  2. melvinlusk Member

If you view the agent log in Replication Monitor, does it show you the error that is generated when it tries to replicate those particular objects?
  3. lcerni New Member

Yes, after I figured out how to read it. At first I found it confusing.
    I decided to work backwards. Insead of selecting everything I just selected tables. When that snapshot worked then I added views. It failed because we had views that accessed another database. When I eliminated those views from the snapshot then I got a clean snapshot. Then I added procedures. Of course it failed. That was because the procedures referenced linked servers as well as other things. After I eliminated all the issues then I got a clean snapshot. Thank you for answering. Learning the hard way.