SQL Server Performance

Transcation Log growth extremely

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by wankhairul, May 15, 2008.

1. wankhairul New Member

I did Move SQL Cluster group From Node 2 to Node 1 at 5 PM .And at 11 PM same day, suddenly the transaction log file growth 20GB.The next day growth till 30 GB.But i didnt do any Full Recovery for DB .Please comment.
  2. satya Moderator

What version of SQL you are using?
    If you move SQL Cluster group the transaction log has nothing to do, in this case you have to monitor what kind of activities are running on the database. Also if you have FULL recovery model then ensure to have a schedule for transaction log backups.
  3. wankhairul New Member

Thanks for the reply.My SQL version is SQL Server Management Studio 2005.Today its still growth till 45 GB.im still not understand even the data and user activities is not peak enough.What im wonder is why its suddenly happen?
    Here is the transcation log message "Source spid 77 : Autogrowth of file media_log in database media took 65344 miliseconds.Consider using Alter Database to set smaller FILEGROWTH for this file.
  4. ghemant Moderator

5. satya Moderator

6. rohit2900 Member

We are having SQL Server 2000 SE on win 2000 server. My question is my database is in simple recovery mode and size is aroung 20 GB, now my transaction log has growed to 6 Gb....What can be the reasons for it? What should I need to take care?
    Any suggestions?
    Rohit