SQL Server Performance

Transformation using DTS packages in Replication

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by vikky, May 25, 2008.

1. vikky New Member

Hi Evertbody.I am new to SQL Server.I am testing a Transactional replication using DTS packages with sql server 2000 as publisher and sql server 2005 as subscriber.I am getting the following error message
    Data transformation (DTS) failed.
    The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.
    (Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump (); Error number: )
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error Code: 0
    Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    Error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'DTSDestination'
    By using DTS Packages i have just changed the column names for the destination table. I could not find the reasons for the error why it is failing.
    Please help me in this regard as soon as possible.
    waiting for ur replies.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

I find this:
    DTS packages cannot be opened or modified directly in BusinessIntelligence Development Studio. In addition, SQL Server 2005 does notinstall the DTS package designer that is required to modify DTSpackages. However, you can download and install an updated version ofthe DTS package designer, and use this updated version to modify DTSpackages. To download the updated DTS package designer, visit theMicrosoft Web page, Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005,and then download the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS DesignerComponents. After installing this download, you can view and modify DTSpackages from Management Studio, or from the Execute DTS 2000 PackageTask Editor in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
    In:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137907.aspx
    HTH
  3. vikky New Member

Thnks a ton for ur reply. I have got another problem.
    I have created a replication between sql server 2000 as publisher and sql server 2005 as the subscriber.I am doing the transformation on the column names on the publisher side using the dts packages (using the transformable subscription concept).it is working fine.But when i am trying to validate the data it fails and the error is
    Invalid character value for cast specification.
    (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (); Error number: 22018)
    I am replicating a table having only 2 columns,one is int and the other is nvarchar(30)
    The schema already exists at the subscriber side.and there is one more column on the subscriber table whose default value is set to zero.i have searched all over the web.But i could not find the reason for the error.Please help me.
    thnks in advance.