SQL Server Performance

Turn off SQL 2008 security policy temporary

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Questions [Archive Only - Closed]' started by WingSzeto, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WingSzeto Member

We want to import login names and password but they are old password which doesn't comply with strong password requirement. I try to use the sp_addlogin to do the creation but failed since the password is not strong enough. I have hundreds of logins to create and like to automate it. If it is better to do it in Integration service, please give me some pointers in integration service on how to turn off the password policy. I like to know if there is a server-base switch to turn off the entire password policy temmporary using the SQL management tool? Is there a SQL query statement I can issue?
    wingman
  2. satya Moderator

Truning off the security policy that too for logins is not a good practice at all!
    You must correct the issue first by following the policies for the login password, after all it is the key for your database accessibility and compromising over there is a nightmare for DBA.
    Within that CREATE LOGIN statement refer to :
    CHECK_POLICY = { ON | OFF }
    Applies to SQL Server logins only. Specifies that the Windows password policies of the computer on which SQL Server is running should be enforced on this login. The default value is ON.