SQL Server Performance

Unable to Connect to the database

Discussion in 'SQL Server Reporting Services' started by mrrana78, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mrrana78 New Member

Hi,
    have been stuck on this problem for awhile,,, we have a reporting services running on live warehouse..Now reporting services has to be migrated to point to new warehouse ...same reports thus same report databases. In virtual machine I am try to test this thats has Windows Server 2000 and SQL Server 2000 and Reporting Service 2000 + SP1...
    Reporting services was are installed alright ...ReportServer service has started but can't get to Report Mangaer.... Error = Logon failure : username or bad password.
    Tried running RSconfig with -e to use domain user (myself) have max permissions ...Error = Provider load failure
    considering Report server not activated and desperate to use any thing to get it going ..ran rskeymgmt utility : when trying to apply (-a) get following error = Unable To connect to the database (-2147159543) 0x8007052e
    Than looking through web i decided to make a new user that has god admin right on machine ....I configured all SQL services to use that account ...than tried to run rsconfig to configure RS ...but still get same error Error = Provider load failure
    any help or advice is would be highly appreciated
    Thanks
  2. Akthar New Member

hi,
    try restart Windows Management Instrumentation service
  3. satya Moderator

I would also ask you to check and allow anonymous access to the /reportserver/reportbuilder folder, in order to grant this you must use Internet Information manager to grant Anonymous access on the /ReportServer/ReportBuilder folder.