SQL Server Performance

UNSPECIFIED ERROR!! Please reply...

Discussion in 'Analysis Services/Data Warehousing' started by jhoy, May 9, 2007.

1. jhoy New Member

ERROR MSG: Unable to display the cube until it has been processed (Unspecified error)

I INSTALL MY ANALYSIS SERVICES PACKAGE AT THE SERVER...

I ENCOUNTERED THIS ERROR WHEN I STARTED DOING THE TUTORIAL PACKAGE OF ANALYSIS SERVICES 2000.

BUT WHEN THE 1ST TIME THE ERROR PROMPTED I JUST THINK I DIDN'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY.

SO I REPROCESS IT AND THE ERROR IS THE SAME.

SO I TRY TO ERASE ALL WHAT I'VE DONE AND START ALL OVER AGAIN VERY CAREFULLY CAUSE I HAVE THE FEAR THAT I MIGHT
    ENCOUNTER THE SAME PROBLEM.

BUT AFTER I FINISHED DOING MY SECOND TRIAL THERE'S NO CHANGES, THE ERROR IS STILL THE SAME...

THAT'S WHEN THE TIME THAT I SEARCH TO GOOGLE AND FIND OUT THAT MORE NEWBIE IS EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.

BUT THERE'S NO SPECIFIC ANSWER TO ALL THAT SITES THAT I SEARCH FOR THIS ERROR..

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SPECIFIC ANSWER WITH THIS...

MY SERVER SPECS:

--WINDOWS 2000

--SP4

jhoy
  2. satya Moderator

3. jhoy New Member

thank you SATYA for the reply...
    I've been very problematic for that error because I cannot continue my comparison between 2000 and 2005 Analysis services...

Now I can perform my validation again..

thnx again,
    jhoy
  4. satya Moderator

Good, let us know what you have found in the aspect of comparison between those 2 versions.

Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
  5. jhoy New Member

ok...
    I will post everything for this topic

jhoy