SQL Server Performance

Update on 2003 PASS Community Summit

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by satya, Nov 17, 2003.

1. satya Moderator

Brad (or attendees of 2003 PASS Community Summit)

ANy interesting news in last week's PASS seminar ....

Thanks in advance for sharing the news.

_________
    Satya SKJ
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  2. bradmcgehee New Member

The two biggest things at PASS, in my estimation, were the following:

1) Yukon (beta 1 copies were handed out to everyone). Beta 2 should be out early next year. There were also lots of seminars on Yukon, which I attended.

2) Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This new product, which is available in beta 2 from Microsoft's website, and which will become available in January 2004, looks like a winner. It is an enterprise-wide reporting product that can be used to be embedded in your applications, or to run as stand-alone. It will give Crystal Reports a lot of competition. If you need an enterprise-wide reporting solution, you should check it out. It will become a part of SQL Server, and will not require a separate license. In fact, I will start a new forum on Reporting Services.

There were about 2,000 attendees at PASS, making it the biggest PASS so far.

If you have never been to PASS, it is the largest SQL Server conference in the world, and also the best. The next one will be in Orlando, FL next fall.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
  3. satya Moderator

THanks for the information Brad.
    Here (UK) companies are very rigid to allow such seminars and I've decided to attend next summit on my own expenses, time to see US now.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  4. vbkenya New Member

Satya, you should be fighting for PASS Europe! That way it will be cheaper for you in the long run. In fact, the rest of us will find it easier to be truly 'active' members. I am sure the MVPs and SIGs in Europe would like that.

Nathan H.O.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com
  5. FrankKalis Moderator

6. satya Moderator

I think sometime ago in 2000 PASS conducted seminar in Europe and then no sight.
    Thanks Nathan, I'd already sent requests to the PResident Guy Brown and emailed.
    But no response so far....

_________
    Satya SKJ