SQL Server Performance

Updation of table exception

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Performance Tuning' started by Ranjith_nps, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Ranjith_nps New Member

Hi,
    We have developed the TCPIP Server - Client communication application using .net 1.1 which will spam a maximu of 10 threads at a time.
    Each thread will access the Table in a SqlServer 2005 Express Edition.
    But my problem here is the updation of table fails due to some exception.All the exceptions a record at a time difference of around 1 to 5 seconds
    I Suspect that the problem will be more than one thread is accessing the table for updation process.
    I like to know how the sqlserver works if above type of situation arises.
    Thanks
    Ranjith
  2. techbabu303 New Member

3. satya Moderator

True, what kind of exception error you are getting.
    Also explain whether you are getting similar kind of behaviour at all the times or only when number of connections are high.
    BTW what is the hardware and service pack levels on SQL & windows.
  4. Ranjith_nps New Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for your response.
    Actually before updating the table we are executing a select query.
    For this we have created an index.Because of that the issue is solved.
    Still we are mojitoring the system and looking for the exact error once we got it i will post the same.
    Thanks
    Ranjith
  5. Ranjith_nps New Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for your response.
    Actually before updating the table we are executing a select query.
    For this we have created an index.Because of that the issue is solved.
    Still we are monitoring the system and looking for the exact error once we got it i will post the same.
    As you said the error we got only at the time the connections are high.
    and i don't think hard ware could be the problem,because the system is having a very high config and with latest service packs.
    Thanks
    Ranjith
  6. satya Moderator

Exception errors relates to some sort of issues with System resources such as Memory, so make sure to capture relevant information by monitoring with SYSMON and PROFILER if needed.