SQL Server Performance

Upgrade SQL 2000 To SQL 2008 x64 IA

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Integration Services' started by Hossam, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hossam New Member

Hello All,I am going to upgrade our production from SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2008 x64 IA by using side-by-side method I have 2 Issue need your support which are:Q1, I have a lot of DTS must migrate them to SSIS around 500 DTS and I need a sold way and smooth :), do i need to reschedule my DTS again after migrate them To SSIS??Q2, I was looking for a way to sync databases between the 2 DBs Servers (2000, 2008) Any idea/clue is welcome. Thanks in Advance
  2. alent1234 New Member

1. in BIDS there is an option to import DTS packages. another time consuming option is to save each DTS on the new server. you'll have to open and save as each one. then try to transfer the job to the new server to see if it works. been a while since i did this and not sure if it works or how easy it is. in a few cases we made new SSIS packages that execute a DTS and a new job around them.
    2. how large are the databases, are they on a SAN and how fast is the network? we've done server upgrades and disconnected the old servers from the SAN, connected new ones, installed SQL and attached the db's. we've also done the backup and restore method as well as network copy. in SQL 2005 there is a copy database job in BIDS but if you have large databases it will take a lot of time.
  3. ghemant Moderator