SQL Server Performance

Upgrading SQL Server 2000 database to 2005

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Trev256b, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Trev256b Member

does anyone have a handy guide on all the things to check and how to upgarde a SQL Server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005. I'm only upgrading the database. not the server.

I want a checklist of what to cehck beforehand. I'm mainly concerned if anything is not compatible such as data types and jobs etc...

Thanks!
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

3. Trev256b Member

can i restore a 2000 db backup (without amending it) on 2005 and then run the copy database wizard against this to upgrade the db? or do i have to connect to the existing database from 2005 management studio by registering the 200 instance and then run the copy database wizard?
  4. Trev256b Member

Luis - I'm only upgarding the database - not the entire server - thanks for this anyway - I've found these link already - but thanks for putting them all in one palce! :) have you any idea if there are any compatibility issues with data types or functions when upgarding a database from sql server 2000 to 2005????
  5. satya Moderator