SQL Server Performance

Urgent need help from anybody reg.SSIS Packages on 64 bit

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by dbajohnny, Feb 16, 2008.

1. dbajohnny New Member

Hi,
    Urgent need help from anybody reg.SSIS Packages on 64 bit
    We are currently facing the problem with building 64 Bit SSIS pacakages(located on DB Server..which is 2003 Server Edition, 64 Bit) with connecting 32 bit oracle(loaded on the App Server..Windows 2003, 32 bit) in Business Intelligent Development Studio(Integration Services) with Sql Server 2005 64 Bit. We have installed 64 bit Oracle client and network tools and drivers on Database Server(DB Server), but we are still unable to connect from to Oracle from the BIDS for making the 64 bit SSIS packages.
    Please give guide me towards the steps for testing SSIS packages which are in 64 bit Using XML files?
    how to proceed towards making these packages??
    Thanks
    John
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    What is the error when trying to connect?
  3. dbajohnny New Member

Hi i got error as:
    test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider.
    Oracle client and networking components were not found.
    These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are of the Oracle version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.

provider is unable to function until these components are linked.
    Can anybody help?
    and can give the steps for running SSIS pacakages on 64 bit SQL Server while connecting 32 bit Oracle (and 32 bit win server).
    Thanks
    John

4. satya Moderator

As per your notes it seems you have downloaded relevant drivers and I would like you to check@
    change the connection string to conn.Provider="OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;User ID=system;Password=manager" and also check the permissions of SQL Server services account on the folder where these Oracle drivers are installed, such as folder right click and go to sharing and security
  5. dbajohnny New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.I changed conn string also it is not working.Pl let me again give my doubt's and environment.
    Please give me the solution/guide in right direction.
    Environment is
    S1-----> DBServer : 64 bit Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, 64 Bit SQl Server EE, 64 Bit Oracle 10g Client
    S2----->.AppServer :32 bit Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, IIS, 32 Bit Oracle 10g Client & Server DB
    I have doubt like....
    1.Can install 32 bit oracle also at (S1) 64 bit SQL Server(SSIS)
    or only 64 bit oracle?
    2.Running command line for SSIS packages at S1
    i am unable to connect S1---->S2 using SSIS packages?
    How can i solve this problem? pl give steps for going right direction.
    Thanks
    JOHN
  6. satya Moderator

OK, take on at a time.
    1. In this case I have a doubt that 32bit drivers are not compatible with SQL64 bit native drivers, better to contact Oracle site for relevant comptible drivers, look at metalink.
    2. So there could be a problem in connectivity between servers, in this case ensure the SQLAgent or account used to execute these SSIS packages consists relevant privileges on each server.
  7. dbajohnny New Member

Hi,
    Still i am strugling the problem day and night.Can you give a tip to me to solve this problem.
    SQl Server 64 bit to Oracle 32 bit conn problem using SSIS Packages
    Which OLEDB provider can i use?
    I tried with all Providers.
    Thanks
    John
    dbajohnny@gmail.com
  8. dineshasanka Moderator