SQL Server Performance

USER IS UNABLE TO REACH THE DATABASE WITH ERROR: 17189

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by shashank sharma, Jul 21, 2010.

1. shashank sharma New Member

Hi all,
    I know you all gonna direct me to to memory issue, with below error. But would like to know if there is any time beeing, fix for this issue, without restarting SQL Server.
    Error:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (4)
    Event ID: 17189
    Date: 7/21/2010
    Time: 6:49:43 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: XX XXX XXX XXXX
    Description:
    SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems. [CLIENT: 11.111.111.11]
  2. Adriaan New Member

Like the message says - "Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for information about possible related problems."
  3. satya Moderator

Also it would help to find out when & what time this happens, such as during backup or any reindex jobs or so.
    I guess this is a 32-bit environment and confirm the server configuration too.
  4. shabnyc Member

Could it be the concurrent user connection has reached limits if it is set to a number other than 0.
  5. satya Moderator

Just following up to see what is the available physical memory on the server and also the value that is allocated to thsi SQL instance?