SQL Server Performance

using sql server 2005 studio

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by Wendy elizabeth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Wendy elizabeth New Member

I am new to using sql server 2005 studio. I am more experience using sql server 2000 DTS packages. I would like to ber able to use this environmnet like i did when creating DTS packages. Thus I have the following questions:
    1. To create a package, I know that if I right click on managment, I will get an export and export wizard. However when I am using the wizard, there are not as many output options as there in DTS packages.
    Thus how would I create a 'piped' delimited text file? Do I need to install some additions?
    2. Can I use sql server 2005 using when accessing a sql server 2000 database only?
    3. Is there any any that the export wizard would let me create a file in a pdf format and/or for Dbase5 files?
    Thanks!
  2. ranjitjain New Member

Hi,
    Unlike dts in 2000, it's been replaced with SSIS packages in 2005.
    You need to open a integration project and solution file through visual studio and create packages over there.
    After that you need to connect to integration service and import those dtsx files you created in above solution.
    Search for related articles on creating dtsx files in 2005.
  3. ranjitjain New Member

"Can I use sql server 2005 using when accessing a sql server 2000 database only?"
    Yes you can use sql server mangement studio to connect to sql 2000 and you can even modify objects like modifying sps but you can not use any 2005 feature or functions on 2000 server
  4. satya Moderator