SQL Server Performance

Website Down

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by bradmcgehee, Jun 30, 2003.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

The electrical power to my hosting company went down today, bring down my website. Sorry about that. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with them.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  2. satya Moderator

Brad

Thanks for the information.

May be this is related or not, I was having slow response on the website since yesterday night (GMT 22:00 onwards). At office I can expect due to flurry of firewalls and levels it might happen, but from home I have the issue. I will monitor the situation and let you know the proceedings.

Cheers.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  3. satya Moderator

Brad

Still I get slow response from website when connected from home, any gotchas to be followed.
    (all other websites are loaded without delay)

_________
    Satya SKJ
  4. vbkenya New Member

I am using a 56 Kbps dial-up and the response times have not changed a bit. Something else, apart from the site +/- its infrastructure, could be causing Satya's problem.

But it wouldn't hurt to be on the lookout, Brad.

Nathan H.O.
  5. bradmcgehee New Member

I haven't seen any issues with the website from home or business, but I will keep a close eye on it.

Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
  6. satya Moderator

I use Broadband at home, so transfer speed should be high.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  7. vbkenya New Member

Satya, what about the intermediate components (providers) between your local service provider and this site?

Nathan H.O.
  8. satya Moderator

Nathan, no issue about performance for the providers in net connection.
    Surprisingly it got better now, don't know the reason and resolution of the issue.

Thanks, by all means.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  9. satya Moderator

Brad

I'm facing the slowdown process again whenever I reply or try to access any link on the forum especially. Its nearly taking 45 and more seconds to refresh the page whenever I reply any topic or refresh any forum!

No problem on the other part of the website.

Any light-ups?

_________
    Satya SKJ
  10. bradmcgehee New Member

I haven't noticed this problem myself. Anyone else notice it?

Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
  11. satya Moderator

Moreover, as a test I tried to access from another comupter and response is similar.
    I'm getting this problem only with the forums and not with any other link onhttp://www.sql-server-performance.com

_________
    Satya SKJ
  12. vbkenya New Member

Speed issues noticed on this end too! And it has nothing to do with bandwidth.

Nathan H.O.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com
  13. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Especially when you reply to a post or open the active topics window. The strange thing is that the edit comment functionality works like lightening.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  14. satya Moderator

I never use reply button and alway go with Quick Reply window, so I would assume what Nathan refers.
    Moreover I noticed when SQLTeam forums used no such slow performance is noticed. (I think they also use Snitz tool)

_________
    Satya SKJ
  15. gaurav_bindlish New Member

I have noticed that the volume of posts on this site is huge and probably brad can think about archieving some of these.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  16. satya Moderator

Yes thats good idea, as the traffic on Forums is increased double-time compared to last 6 months.
    (I'll wait for Brad's response until he transforms from holiday hangover)[8D]

_________
    Satya SKJ