SQL Server Performance

Welcome to SQL-Server-Performance.Com Version 4.0

Discussion in 'Brad M McGehee' started by bradmcgehee, Jul 30, 2007.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

I started SQL-Server-Performance.Com during the late Spring of 2000. At that time, my only goal was to list many of the SQL Server performance-related tips that I had collected and wanted to share. Over the past seven years, the website has grown beyond anything that I could imagine. When I was the sole administrator of this site, the website's design went through 3 major overhauls. With the newest overhaul, just implemented by Jude (the current administrator of SSP) I now call this Version 4.0. This is the biggest upgrade of the website in over 7 years, and one that will hopefully allow the website to scale better than my original design. Yes, it will take getting used to, but that is normal. Hopefully, with your feedback, Jude will continue to work to make this the best SQL Server website on the web.
    Since Jude has taken over administrative control of the website, I have been focusing on helping him with new and updated content. Hopefully, you will be able to take advantage of the new content through the use of the new search capability to find what you need. Be sure you send your feedback on the new site design to Jude.
    Also, since I now have more time, I have been speaking a lot at PASS-sponsored user groups. Earlier this year I spoke at the Colorado Code Camp, SQL Teach in Montreal, and the Tulsa User's group. I also attended TechEdin Orlando. In August, I will be speaking at the users groups in Denver, Boulder, and Colordo Springs. In October, I will be speaking in San Diego and Silion Valley. And of course, I will be at PASS in Denver this September.
    On top of all this, I have been working with Red Gate Software as their Director of DBA Education. I am in the process of writing some e-books for them, writing posters, and even working on some new product ideas with them. As a matter of fact, I am in Cambridge, England this week meeting with Red Gate.
    And if I am not busy enough, I just moved to the Big Island of Hawaii with my wife and daughter. This has been a big change, and one I look forward to taking more advantage of, assuming I ever find time.
    With this new blog, I hope to be posting at least weekly, discussing new and interesting things as I learn more and more about SQL Server. What amazes me is that no matter how much I think I know about SQL Server, I still find that there is still plenty more to learn.
  2. Anonymous New Member

You might have come across already Brad's post and Jude's post on the latest happening in SQL
  3. satya Moderator

I would like to echo 'big thanks...' to all the contributors on this site since the days mentioned by Brad.
  4. ndinakar Member

Hey BradBack to sunny Hawai hah? Have fun.Do let me know if you come to LA/Orange County area. I could drive to San Diego but its about a couple of hr drive.