SQL Server Performance

why i failed to install business intelligence development tool?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by To_DBA, Mar 3, 2008.

1. To_DBA New Member

Hi All
    i installed to SQL 2005 EE on the box. there was no any error message during installation. but i couldn't find the BIDS installed. there is the icon of business intelligence development tool under SQL server 2005 from start --> program files. but there is not relative devenv.exe file in C:program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8Common7IDE folder.
    i followed the instruction from this link. it didn't resolve our issue.
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=348794&SiteID=1
    anyone know what happen during my installation? no error in the install log file.
    thanks in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

Tell me what options (tools) you are selecting when trying to install from the media.
  3. To_DBA New Member

selected SQL server database services, integration services, and workstation conpoments, books online and developement tools. it's on windows 2003 SE+SP1.
    i did the same installation on another machine. i got business intelligence tool there.
    thanks.
  4. satya Moderator

I believe you need to search for any warning or error in the setup log completion file, I have simulated the same way you mentioned and I can see the BIDS.
  5. To_DBA New Member

could you please direct me which file i have to check? i checked some of them. hard to find one related to BIDS.
    thanks.
  6. To_DBA New Member

from summary.txt, i got this "SQL Server Setup was interrupted. For more information, review the Setup log file in %ProgramFiles%Microsoft SQL Server90Setup BootstrapLOGSummary.txt"
    anyone know it?
    thanks
  7. To_DBA New Member

i fixed it. we had two set of .net framework on the box.
    thanks.