SQL Server Performance

Windown authentication in analysis services

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services' started by Manoj118, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Manoj118 New Member

Hi,
    I am working on analysis service project. I have created a new project and deployed on test environment as I am in administrator group for the test server. When I was trying to deploying on production server I always get a message "Could not connect to server ......Check SQL Browser service is running......" when i went through help it said u need windows authentication . I am a user in my network . Can this be deployed on Analysis service only by administrator? I would like to know what permission as a windows user i need to deploy my project. SQL Browser service is running on production server. I have gone through may forum and sites every body says that "windows authentication is required " and in demo they show some example which has only few clicks and end and browse a CUBE.

2. ranjitjain New Member

Hi,
    accesing AS server requires windows authentication always. so user should have required access same like an administrator group or should be a member of SQLSERVER2005MSOLAP group. So either use the admin a/c to login or use the account by which AS service is running.
  3. Manoj118 New Member

Hi RanjitJain
    I put my self in the SQLServer2005MSOLAP group but sill i was not able to deploy project. But now i was able to browse the cube .earlier this was also not happening to. Is there anywhere all these things have been documented ?
  4. ranjitjain New Member

Have you tried deploying AS database by XMLA script from test to production environment.
    Also mention which account is being used to start the Analysis Services Instance
  5. satya Moderator

By default, SSAS requires clients to be authenticated by the Windows operating system and to reject all requests from unauthenticated clients. BOL refers:
    If appropriate in your environment, you can configure Analysis Services to accept requests from unauthenticated clients by using SQL Server Management Studio to change the value of the Security RequireClientAuthentication server configuration property from its default value of 1 to 0. Changing this property from its default value will reduce the security of your Analysis Services data. To access this property, right-click the instance of Analysis Services, click Properties, and then locate this property on the Security page.
    help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/uas9/html see this as well.