SQL Server Performance

xp_cmdshell access permissions

Discussion in 'General DBA Questions' started by Raja.V, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Raja.V New Member

Hi everyone ....
    I am having a problem with a login who is not able to execute the stored procedure which uses xp_cmdshell.
    For the user called 'tdlinxsql' I have given execute permission to the xp_cmdshell and when I check for the permission by giving the sp_helprotect null,'tdlinxsql' it shows that the user has the permission for the execute access.
    But when I login as the user 'tdlinxsql' and execute xp_cmdshell it gives me the error msg
    Msg 15153, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_cmdshell, Line 1
    The xp_cmdshell proxy account information cannot be retrieved or is invalid. Verify that the '##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account##' credential exists and contains valid information.
    so here I have created a credential ##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account## in my account where Iam SA for the server with the login of 'tdlinxsql'.Then after I have created proxy account in the same account by giving the proxy account name ##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account## which is same as the credential name and in the principals column where when we carete the proxy I have added 'tdlinxsql' account.
    I have also checked the credential by giving the select * from sys.credentials and they are present in my account.
    Now when I login as a 'tdlinxsql' and execute one stored procedure which is suppose to execute some SSIS packages which loads some data in to the tables.Here it gives me an error:

========== TDLinx Load Code Tables Started ==========
    =
    tdlinx_account_nostrcd Load Started
    Msg 15153, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_cmdshell, Line 1
    The xp_cmdshell proxy account information cannot be retrieved or is invalid. Verify that the '##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account##' credential exists and contains valid information.
    even at this point after creating the credentials iam not able to ecexute the xp_cmdshell if i login as 'tdlinxsql'.it still gives me the same error which I mentioned first.