3 Node Cluster Group and Replication | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

3 Node Cluster Group and Replication

Hi Everyone, I have a 3 node cluster group with Active/Active/Active configuration. Let us assume that node names are Server1, Server2, and Server3. Replication is also implemented on this 3 node cluster group. Server1 should work as a Publisher and also as a distributor. Server2 and Server 3 should work as subscribers to Server1 on normal conditions. But, If Server1 fails by any reason then one of the subscriber (either Server2 / Server3 or both Server2 and Server3) should take the Server1 responsbility as a publisher and continue the database process as normal conditions. I have few questions on this 3 node configuration and replication set-up which are mentioned below. 1) I don’t know how a 3 node Active/Active/Active cluster configuration set-up and working process. 2) How to configure a subscriber or both subscibers (Server2 / Server3) as publisher in case of publisher (Server1) fails by any means. I greatly appreciate your time and help. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Thanks, Bhushan [8D]
Bhushan Kalla
]]>