ACTIVE CONNECTIONS | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

ACTIVE CONNECTIONS

Hello,
How do I go about finding out how many active connections there are to my current sql server. On one of the tips pages, it says to use enteprise manager to find out the current connections, but I can’t figure out how to do this. Thanks, Ben
Using EM, under Managment your cand find Active connections. Otherwise SP_WHO or SP_WHO2 using SQL Analyzer give you information. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
Under EM, expand Managment/Current Activity and click on Process Info which shows you all the connections to the server. If you want to see only the active connections, you can execute ‘sp_who active’ from query analyzer.
From a DBA perspective its better to monitor thru Query analyzer than depending on Enterprise Manager, because you need to refresh each and every time when you’re monitoring continously. As prescribed use SP_WHO and SP_WHO2 to get more details about the active connections. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

]]>