Add a new table to Transactional Replication | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Add a new table to Transactional Replication

Hello Folks, I need help to add a table "TABLEB" to a publication in the transactional replication. The transactional replication was already set up between two servers (with remote distribution database server) and transactions are propaged to the subscribers. Now I want to add a new table as an article to the existing publication through script (sp_addarticle) without regenerating a new snapshot and reinitializing of the subscriptions. So I added the table on both publisher and subscriber databases after that I added this table to the replicaiton by executing sp_addarticle at publication database and copied the system stored procedures (sp_MSins_TABLEB, sp_MSupd_TABLEB,sp_MSdel_TABLEB) in subscriber database. It seems everything is fine (this article is also in distribution article list) but the transactions are not propaged to subscribers. I dig into replication monitor to get more details of this issue and I found the information message "the initial snapshot for article TABLEB is not yet available" in the distribution details. I would really like to know the missing piece to complete the processing of adding a new table to the publication in transactional replication without regenerating snapshot and without reinitializing of subscription. If you need more information of my issue please let me know. I really appreciate anyone’s help and time. Thanks, Bhushan
Bhushan Kalla
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152490.aspx fyi. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
Run the snapshot agent so that the new table will be propagated to subscriber…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

]]>