[ADO/SQL Server] How launch Access Reports? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

[ADO/SQL Server] How launch Access Reports?

Hi, I’m converting my Access mdb application (Access Database) to SQL Server, that is an Access mdb file as frontend, and SQL Server as backend! To access SQLServer data, I’m using the ADO technology. I’d like to know what is the best way to launch and Access report using SQL Server tables (including temporary tables created with the ADO Connection) Thank you, Lionel M.
May refer to this linkhttp://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/1556051 for information. ANd use UPSIZING WIZARD to migrate data from access to SQL Server. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

Hi, The link you gave me (thanks for it) is just about Access Reports. My concern is the launch of Access report based on SQL Server data. I know that I could use linked tables or Pass Thru queries, but as I’m using ADO Connections for all other things (for examples, for all my Access forms that are using SQL Server data), i’d like to use ADO for my reports as well, especially because these reports need to use Temp Tables created by my ADO Connection…
]]>