Advicer | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Advicer

Is neccesary to install something from 2005 in Box with W2k and SQL2k in order to Tunig Advicer work in WS with all 2005 installed? (I don’t understand my self!!!!!!) Let me try again: Work Station with all 2005 installed.
Box with W2k SP4 and SQL2k SP3a.
I can´t connect Tuning Advicer from WS to BOX.
The error message is irrelevant, I try to find it in Microsoft, Google, etc, no way. I have to install something (2005) in Box?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Yes that Tuning Advisor is for SQL 2005 and you must have 2K5 related tools,http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/yukon/maintain/sqlydba.mspx for information. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I have a simmillar environment and I’m able to connect to SQL 2K server using SQL 2K5 tuning advisor. So you don’t have to install any 2K5 related tools on the server atleast for connectivity.
But, one differene in my case is, I have both 2K and 2K5 tools installed on my WS. What is the error are you receiving ? Are you able to connect to your 2K box using SQL Server Studio ?
Yes, I have no problem with all others tools. With advicer: Error: Can find msdb..sp_data_help_session (Microsft SQl error: 2812). Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
I assume you mean ‘sp_DTA_help_session’ and it looks like Tunning Advisor is automatically installing this and several other stored procedures on the first connect. So, make sure that you are connecting with a login that is having sufficient rights to create stored procedures in ‘msdb’ database.

Yes, _DTA_.
I´ll allready try with windows autentication and sa and differents methods of conecction: Shared memory, tcp, etc.
Same error all the time.}
What funny is: with Yukon (Beta 1) I have no problem at all. Luis Martin
]]>