Anything to monitor if job is taking long time | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Anything to monitor if job is taking long time

Is there anything to monitor if job in taking longer then normal time to run?
-Thanks
You can monitor locks, to analyze if something is blocking you job.
What kind of job is?
What time you expect?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Hi ya, I think that you’d have to query the msdb tables yourself for the job you’re interested in monitoring… Cheers
Twan
Actually, you can run a query against dbo.sp_get_composite_job_info to get when it started, if it’s in progress, etc. You’ll need to have a setup table that has the "expected" time the jobs should run. Then just run that against the results of the above query to send out notifications. MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
JOb is to reindex on couple of table which should take 30 sec and since last two weeks
started taking 2 hrs …that job i want to track it down along with all other job if that takes longet then specified time… I was thnking to query also sysprocesses table also give details when job started and whether still running. Thanks for info…any other suggestion are welcome. -Nilay
About reindex take care because DBREINDEX lock table. You can use INDEXDEFRAG to avoid locks. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
What is the rowcount on those involved tables?
Check whether any overlapping of jobs is occured. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Running a trace using SQL Profiler may help too.
]]>