apply to target server failed for job | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

apply to target server failed for job

Hi Friends, I am trying to create a backup maintanence plan through Management Studio. when I saved this plan its give me following error: "apply to target server failed for job ‘TEST’" I am able to create the plan but not able to schedule it as a job. Please help me. I am running a server without backup. Thanks a lot for your help in advance. MAST
ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT A PERSON WHO NEVER GIVES UP.
Do you have the sufficient rights on the sql server? Try to do it locally connecting through RDP or any other way…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

This is still a bug because you are using SQL Server Management studio to connect to a server which is not local. As referred by Mohammed if you terminal service to the machine itself and use sa account to connect to it from there then you shouldn’t see this issue. This issue is somehow related to security but haven’t found a solution yet. Have you applied service pack for client tools as well?
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>