Asynchronous auto update statistics | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Asynchronous auto update statistics

Hi we have a separate distributor server with SQL server 2005 and SP1. We have on this server distribution database with Asynchronous auto update statistics to “False”.
Now we want to Enable Asynchronous auto update statistics value to “True” for this distribution database. I just want to check whether we need to restart distribution agent for these values to take affect or does this change gets transffered immediately. If I change the value Asynchronous auto update statistics then do this change gets transffered dynamically or do I need to restart server / distribution agent for changes to take affect. thanks
You can do that as the enable and disable automatic creation and update of statistics database-wide or for a specific table or statistics object (ALTER DATABASE options AUTO_CREATE_STATISTICS and AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS, sp_autostats, and the NORECOMPUTE option on CREATE STATISTICS and UPDATE STATISTICS).
No need to restart any of the agents in this case, during the query optimization this will be picked up.
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>