Automatic checkpointing is disabled | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Automatic checkpointing is disabled

I got below error in sql server 7.0 error log:-
Automatic checkpointing is disabled in database ‘master’ because the log is out of space. It will continue when the database owner successfully checkpoints the database. Free up some space or extend the database and then run the CHECKPOINT statement. when this error comes and what should we do for the same. Rajeev Kumar Srivastava
–ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!–
I think you are lack of space in one disk.
Did you check it?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
No, this is not possible because on that disk we had around more that 50GB free space.
And one more thing my SQLAgentCmdExec account got locked when sql server had restarted . any idea why this had happen does this had any link with the above issue.
Rajeev Kumar Srivastava
–ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!–
There may be problem with the disk sub system, check event viewer for any other errors or warnings.
Check SQLAgent account password age and make sure to set it to never expire or modify it accordingly. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>